Students must complete a minimum of 24 units and 6 courses with a Pacific minor grade point average of 2.0 in order to earn a minor in Japanese.
- JAPN 011A First-Year Japanese, First Semester
- JAPN 011B First-Year Japanese, Second Semester
- JAPN 023 Intermediate Japanese, Third Semester
- JAPN 025 Intermediate Japanese, Fourth Semester
Select two of the following:
- ARTH 122 Japanese Art History
- ASIA 120 Asian Cinemas
- ASIA 124 Society, Gender and Culture in East Asia
- ASIA 130 East Asian Literature
- HIST 030 East Asian Civilization I
- HIST 031 East Asian Civilization II
- HIST 143 Japan in War and Peace
- JAPN 125 Advanced Japanese I
- JAPN 170 Japanese Literature in Translation
- POLS 152 Politics of Asia
- RELI 135 Asian Religious Traditions
- RELI 152 Confucian Traditions
- RELI 154 Buddhist Traditions
- At least 3 of the minor courses must be taken in the Department of Modern Languages and other departments approved by MLL.
- Approved semester program in Japan Recommended.
- Students can waive 8 minor units if they have already satisfied first and second semester language.