What is the Humanities Scholar Program?
The Pacific Humanities Scholars Program is a selective, one-of-a-kind educational experience dedicated to the promotion of humanities disciplines in academics and beyond. It is designed to foster an intellectually rigorous and culturally rich community in which students can learn, grow and thrive. The program also enables students to complete an optional accelerated track to achieve their BA in just three years.
How to Apply
To be considered for selection in the Pacific Humanities Scholars program, students must have achieved a minimum of 1250 on the SAT and 3.3 GPA (unweighted). If you are a prospective student who is interested in joining the program, please indicate it on your application to Pacific. You can also apply by emailing our program directly.
Community and Passion
One of the primary goals of the Pacific Humanities Scholars Program is to create a powerful intellectual community among its members. During their studies, Humanities Scholars enjoy close relationships with students and faculty who are passionate about the humanities. Faculty and staff work closely with Humanities Scholars to:
- Help students design their own majors and course of study
- Provide extracurricular events, activities, field trips and projects to encourage a deeper exploration of the humanities disciplines
- Understand the intersection of the humanities with science, technology and other fields
- Challenge students' knowledge of culture, society, ethics and justice
- Facilitate career goals and aspirations
- Graphic Design
- Media X
- Modern Languages and Literature
- Religious Studies
Jeffrey Hole, Ph.D.
Director of Pacific Humanities Scholars Program, Associate Professor of English