- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field
- Evidence of relevant applied, clinical, or research experience
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (although the average GPA of accepted applicants is much higher)
- The GRE will not be required for the fall 2021 application. GRE scores will not be a factor in the admission decision.
- Statement of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of reference
- List of up to three faculty with whom you wish to work and why (included as part of the online application)
- Official transcripts
Applications are due every FEBRUARY 15 for Fall consideration.
- Students must complete 26 units of course work and 4 units of thesis, for a total of 30 units (normally 16 the first year and 14 the second year).
- Full-time students are expected to spend four semesters and at least one summer in residence in Stockton as part of completing their program of studies.
- All students complete at least a 1-year research apprenticeship during the first year and an empirical thesis.
- All students receive applied experience through either teaching assistantships or clinical placements.
- Clinical placements are available in many settings including homes, schools, care homes, and treatment centers, and include working with typically developing children, children diagnosed with developmental disabilities, and adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities or mental illnesses.
- Previous graduates have been successful in obtaining employment commensurate with their training and in entering quality doctoral programs.